Thursday, November 26, 2009

Tell me about the worst haircut or worst hair experience?

Okay, here is mine. I had long hair and the ends were looking very bad because I had failed to go to the salon like I should have. I went to go get it cut up at supercuts because my boyfriend always went there to get his done and I actually liked their work. Well the woman cut off a lot, I was shocked when I say the first locs of hair fall to the floor, but then she gave me a super cool Aeon Flux type hair style with most of the length being at the front of my hair.



Now for the bad part, I went to Regis to get a relaxer 2 weeks later. The stylist raved about my cut, but said she saw a few stray ends she need to trim. I said sure, she cut and relaxed, then styled my hair in a weird bowlish cut. I thought nothing of it until I was doing my hair the next day and it was a totally different cut. She had cut off the ends in the front, that totally made the cut and had gave me a Salt n Pepper type haircut. I had to get it fixed and cut shorter and I have hated my hair ever since.



Tell me about the worst haircut or worst hair experience?

That question about Regis really made you upset huh? I never really had a bad haircut tho.



Tell me about the worst haircut or worst hair experience?

I had a shaver and tried giving myself a buzz cut.



Couldn't get it even.



Wound up shaving it down to the bone.



Thankfully my skull can pull it off!



Tell me about the worst haircut or worst hair experience?

The good thing about hair is...it grows back !



I usually have good experiences with stylists, no matter where I go. However, I once just needed a quick trim and I said "just trim the ends please" and I walked out of there with a modified mullet. It may have looked OK on a dude, but on me, well lets just say I looked like I could be Rosie or Ellen's date.



EEEEEK!



I wore lots of makeup and hats and little butterfly pins in my hair for about 3 weeks before it was long enough to curl, etc.



Tell me about the worst haircut or worst hair experience?

I went to get highlights done. My aunt had given me a gift certificate. So I go into the salon and they make me sit in the gal's chair (that the gift cert. was for), and after about 10 minutes she comes out in a huff an throws some books on my lap, telling me she would be right back. Ten minutes later she returns and asks me what color I want the highlights. She's obviously pissed, so I say, I'm not sure what to call it. Something not to white, more golden in color. She says, "Well, I can't do it like that. You're goingt to have to tell me what color you want". So I can tell it is bad news, and I say, "you know what, I better just come back when I'm sure what I want". She starts yelling at me saying I wasted her appointment time. So I yell back, "You're the one who kept me waiting 20 minutes!"



I decide, I have to use the gift certificate, so I'll just go back to the salon on a day that the same lady isn't there. I find out she's off on Fridays. So I make an appointment for a Friday.



I get this nice Spanish gal. She's all friendly at first. I show her a picture of what I wanted: thin, caramel highlights. She says, "sure I can do that". So she starts mixing the color, etc, etc. and as she does, she starts telling me how her husband was calling her non stop and how she's ingnoring him because he deserves it for cheating on her with her best friend. She's applying the color and going on and on about her personal problems. She eventually starts crying, but now I have color over half of my head, so it's too late to run out of there. Eventually, she finishes, puts my under the dryer, and I'm just praying, "please, let this come out OK."



The hair washer starts rinsing me out, and the colorist comes back. She looks at my hair and she seems to panic. She says, "put some of this on it". (To this day I have no idea what she poured on in such a panic). I knew I was done for.



So I was so upset, I left with a wet head. I get home and style my hair as usual. After it was dry, I had white highlights on the top of my head and orange ones on the bottom!



I ran to Sally Beauty Supply and re-dyed my hair the original color, with the assistance of the salesman at Sally's. Luckily, or because he was moved to compassion by my awful experience, he steered me right and fixed my problem dye job.



I didn't get highlights again for a year and a half, needless to say , at another salon. Whenever I can, I tell people DON'T GO TO TODAY'S HAIR %26amp; NAILS in Boca!!!



Tell me about the worst haircut or worst hair experience?

My worst haircut happened when I was 7 months pregnant. My hair was to the middle of my back, hanging in long black natural curls. I wanted it short, so I wouldn't have to worry about it after baby was born. I told her I wanted it shoulder length. I guess she never had too much experience with natural curls. I couldn't see the mirror as she started cutting. By the time she was done, I had a helmet. She cut my hair shoulder length, but my hair curled up to just under my ears. I looked like I just gotten a bad perm. It wasn't even long enough to put into a ponytail. I tried not to cry, but those pregnancy hormones.... I never went back to that place again!



Tell me about the worst haircut or worst hair experience?

oh i feel your pain, when i was in high school i got my hair cut at ulta and i wanted something fun so back then, the lady was gonna give me a hair cut kinda like the one you described that you got at supercuts, well she's cutting and cutting and i feel the scissors getting closer and closer to to my head and when she is all done i have a hair cut that looks nothing like what she was supposed to do. honestly my hair was shorter than a boys. i started crying ( i couldn't see what she was doing, i had to take my glasses off while she was cutting my hair and i am blind without them) and didn't pay for my hair cut. my mom felt so bad for me she said i could get extensions, but my hair was too short even for them!!! it finally grew out (take vitamins for hair and nails, my hair grew so quick when i took those) and make sure that you always tell the stylist what you want, and tell them, that your a victim of a horrible haircut. they tend to be really careful with you then.



i feel your pain though, don't worry it will grow back before you know it, and then it will turn into a funny story to tell.



Tell me about the worst haircut or worst hair experience?

I think my worst hair experience was when I was 10. My mother dragged me to this out of the way one station salon. I think it was in the lady's home. I picked a style out of a magazine. Mother was drunk and when the stylist wanted to straighten my hair, I looked to Mother for advice. She said it was ok. The next morning I woke up for school and my hair was sticking out all over! I woke Mother (big mistake) and she spent an hour yelling about me getting my beautiful curls straightened. For years, I thought it was my fault. But what stylist would take a 10 year olds word on anything. Mother had made the decision and had blocked it out! In fact, she didn't even remember taking me to the stylist. Well, she got out a razor blade and started whacking at my hair to "fix" it. It ended up very short and I cried for weeks.



Tell me about the worst haircut or worst hair experience?

Well..I was about 5 years old when my mother (who wasnt drunk) took me to a salon to get my long hair permed. My hair was beautiful "that didn't need to be permed" as my dad told me but I guess me or my mom insisted.



Anyway, my mom specifically asked for loose spirals but at the end the salon lady totally ruined my perfect erm by making it way too tight, tried to fix the mistake by cutting it and in the very end I had an Afro! I left the salon in tears, and my mom tore that salon lady a new as*hole and my mom being such a saint told the manager what happened and she didnt have to pay. Needless to say, it is a funny laugh now, but then, it was awful! I was teased and called "popcorn Head" haha!!!!!



And now...I wanted side bangs and I made the mistake of letting a friend cut them...she did a really great job before, but she cut off way too much...bah! Now I can't wear my hair down...



Tell me about the worst haircut or worst hair experience?

Here is my worst hair experience: I asked my friend (a beautician) to give me a perm with loose curls and ended up with a poodle perm. It was so bad that I came home and my husband just burst out laughing uncontrollably. It was so horrible and I didn't know how to tell my friend that I hated it. I hot rolled my hair for months to tame it, but she never did my hair again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
education loans